Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Q4T
Visit The Secret Wiki.

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby leighanny » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:08 am

leighanny wrote:My best guess for this NY casque is at the top of Old Glory.

Statue of liberty isn't super small in my opinion. It's pretty clear from all points on shore park (where there aren't trees). Ellis island is barely visible, however. I would definitively rule out the top of old glory as every planter zone is bricked in right up to the trees and 100% undiggable. Surprised you didn't count those steps though...

Yeah, I dislike where I've come up with because of the bricks. Even so, it's where my theory brought me. And I didn't count the steps because it isn't part of my theory. I'll try to find the format I posted my theory in a while back and repost it tomorrow. My NY solution is not simple unfortunately. And I get that people have a problem with that. Still, it's where I think it is. And I think I have a great image match to Old Glory.
leighanny
Watcher
Watcher
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby Choice » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:26 am

davinci4 wrote:
Choice wrote:Colors in the dot window panels are A connection to old glory. Note that only red, white and blue and combination of them are present.


Choice. The red bubbles are 85th (or 83th) street!!! :) I have an original version of the book and the “83 st.” actually shows up quite well. Best way to look at is to picture the red/orange bubbles as negative space. The smallest bubbles are negative space as well. So the different colors and size ratios help conceal the hidden message. The remaining light pink/light violet color bubbles that make up the “83 st.” show up well. I actually think what you originally thought was a “5” is a large “3”


Yes, that may only be a way-point though.
In case the grassy hole doesn't pan out here's a fall-back plan (old Glory hole?) you may want to consider:
The purple panel (far right) shows a giant nine with the prominent circle/dot at the starting point and V to the south.
This lines up with the 9 o'clock on the clock, direction of her gaze and the two islands (Ellis and B.) in the blue dome (bay).

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8015&start=363
BINGO wrote: "I have small hands..."
User avatar
Choice
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: Sonoma, CA

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby NYCNative » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:09 am

leighanny wrote:
leighanny wrote:My best guess for this NY casque is at the top of Old Glory.

Statue of liberty isn't super small in my opinion. It's pretty clear from all points on shore park (where there aren't trees). Ellis island is barely visible, however. I would definitively rule out the top of old glory as every planter zone is bricked in right up to the trees and 100% undiggable. Surprised you didn't count those steps though...

Yeah, I dislike where I've come up with because of the bricks. Even so, it's where my theory brought me. And I didn't count the steps because it isn't part of my theory. I'll try to find the format I posted my theory in a while back and repost it tomorrow. My NY solution is not simple unfortunately. And I get that people have a problem with that. Still, it's where I think it is. And I think I have a great image match to Old Glory.


I respect that you are sticking to your guns on your theory.

Obviously, it can not be on top of old glory, as a possible dig spot that is. The problem with image confirmations, in my experience with this puzzle, is that it is easy to get lost in your own bias without even knowing you are doing so. That is why so many people are hard on others when their image confirmation is not spot on as we have seen in the solved puzzles, not that I think that is a good reason to dismiss a potential clue.

I have seen a lot of image confirmations that make sense for several theories on Shore road, very good ones in fact. Yet, the only things that seems alluring about old glory is that it is one, if not the only spot with landmarks. Are we talking about crescent shape areas like old glory because it matches the arch in image 12? That is very possible, but that is not a unique feature in this area.

Luckily, this thread stayed light an image matches and focused on the verse. At which point a lot of things in the image started to have a stronger match and possibly meaning. That got us to this spot that is not a unique solve at all but how we got to it sure is.

I would still love to see your theory and your image conformations. We have a discord group for private discussion like that if you would like as well.
NYCNative
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby kittykatz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm

The only way I see old glory working is that there are these commemorative plaques honoring 3 different navy people who died in either a shipwreck or were POWs. That would fit the mythological figure that the female is based off of (Russian version of a siren who would lure sailors to their death)
kittykatz
Watcher
Watcher
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby davinci4 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Would someone mind posting a complete solve for Old Glory starting with the ‘gray giant’ and going line by line?
davinci4
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby phrabbott » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:48 pm

NYCNative wrote:That got us to this spot that is not a unique solve at all but how we got to it sure is.

Think we should slow down here. There's nothing that makes this theory better than many of the other prevailing theories in the area. The only reason we're at Ft. Hamilton HS is that you wouldn't believe Charles Dickens could be him of hard word, so I provided an age old, solid interpretation that uses him. And then there happened to be one shore park's dozen 'v' paths in front of it. What makes this process different?

Do I think the theory holds merit? Sure. We dug some holes yesterday, didn't we?

Not trying to belittle the theory, but we have answered approximately the same amount of image/verse clues as most other theories that are presented (if not less). I still personally can't tie my "Grey Giant->Whirring" to my "Indies->v" for this one.

It seems the only reason we feel strongly about this particular location is that we've answered the elusive "him of Hard word" which is the clue people have given this mythical strength to. Answering that clue does not make for a stronger theory as we still don't know what that clue does for the puzzle when solved correctly.

Adding the 22 steps from the v was exciting, but I have equally strong 22 steps in all three of my shore park theories.

In sum, I wouldn't poke holes in others' theories without hearing them first.
A problem well stated is half solved
phrabbott
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby phrabbott » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 pm

kittykatz wrote:The only way I see old glory working is that there are these commemorative plaques honoring 3 different navy people who died in either a shipwreck or were POWs. That would fit the mythological figure that the female is based off of (Russian version of a siren who would lure sailors to their death)

Just curious, but why do you think the final location will relate to anything thematic? Alas, Chicago buried in a field beside a railroad bed certainly didn't. By saying "the only reason it could work," you're implying that this thematic link is a requirement. I believe that a reason we're having trouble finding these could be that we may be trying to impose too much 'logic' to them. You know?

Could a location not just work because it is arrived at via the verse clues, has 22 steps or more and then has a promising v with image matches to boot?

edit: ugh, but then I find myself just flip-flopping to the "we know nothing john snow." Can't hurt to look for a thematic element, because maybe a couple will have it! Who knows!
A problem well stated is half solved
phrabbott
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby leighanny » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm

[ ="davinci4"]Would someone mind posting a complete solve for Old Glory starting with the ‘gray giant’ and going line by line?[/quote]
I’m not at my computer today but will try to get to this as soon as I can. Can someone remind me how to post a picture here? Again, I’m sure some say my theory is far fetched, so it probably won’t be what you’re looking for. But it’s something to think about.
leighanny
Watcher
Watcher
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby NYCNative » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm

phrabbott wrote:
NYCNative wrote:That got us to this spot that is not a unique solve at all but how we got to it sure is.

Think we should slow down here. There's nothing that makes this theory better than many of the other prevailing theories in the area. The only reason we're at Ft. Hamilton HS is that you wouldn't believe Charles Dickens could be him of hard word, so I provided an age old, solid interpretation that uses him. And then there happened to be one shore park's dozen 'v' paths in front of it. What makes this process different?

Do I think the theory holds merit? Sure. We dug some holes yesterday, didn't we?

Not trying to belittle the theory, but we have answered approximately the same amount of image/verse clues as most other theories that are presented (if not less). I still personally can't tie my "Grey Giant->Whirring" to my "Indies->v" for this one.

It seems the only reason we feel strongly about this particular location is that we've answered the elusive "him of Hard word" which is the clue people have given this mythical strength to. Answering that clue does not make for a stronger theory as we still don't know what that clue does for the puzzle when solved correctly.

Adding the 22 steps from the v was exciting, but I have equally strong 22 steps in all three of my shore park theories.

In sum, I wouldn't poke holes in others' theories without hearing them first.


I agree and disagree.

Since time has past since this theory was first introduced, we have have the fortune of the Japanese clues to confirm at least Rhapsodic man and him of hard word. These 2 lines have never had a good match to them. You know I feel that both are strong clues and we probably have the right names. Him of hard word might be the final piece of the verse puzzle needed to tie in the school to the solve. That is the missing piece and confirmation that nobody could of had back 7 years ago. So we for sure have more of a possible solve then the old ones.

If we are talking about Old glory and poking holes into that theory, I am not. I am just saying the obvious, that it can not be on top of Old Glory as suggested but I am still very interested in knowing how they got there.
NYCNative
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby NYCNative » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:19 pm

leighanny wrote:[ ="davinci4"]Would someone mind posting a complete solve for Old Glory starting with the ‘gray giant’ and going line by line?

I’m not at my computer today but will try to get to this as soon as I can. Can someone remind me how to post a picture here? Again, I’m sure some say my theory is far fetched, so it probably won’t be what you’re looking for. But it’s something to think about.[/quote]

We aren't looking for anything but ideas to play with, so thank you for agreeing to post something about your solve.
NYCNative
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby phrabbott » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 pm

leighanny wrote:Can someone remind me how to post a picture here?

If you upload to imgur, apparently it's easier to scale. Definitely use the preview function while posting pics so you can tweak. If you already have it uploaded to gDrive or Dropbox, I would personally just link people there and not embed a photo here. A bit quicker to see if it's inline, but I've found that if you make them an appropriate size for thread, they're too small and I have to open them elsewhere anyway. Six of one half dozen of another, I suppose.
A problem well stated is half solved
phrabbott
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby Choice » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:04 am

Here's what I think is going on with the window panels:
I think the top row panels describe the bottom row panels. So from left to right:

Rectangle: 83/85 St.
Blue Domes Map: Description devided into two 1/2 panels. Bird wing on top half panel spells out "Ellis" (mirrored)
Bottom half, on bird's body you can read "5 NY" perhaps the boroughs; 5 extends to bird's feet, 3 'fingers' point to Ellis, Liberty isle and the land mass south.
There may be other hidden writings there.
Womans head: All blue bubbles; perhaps represents SOL surrounded by water.
Clock: Large 9 in the panel shows the direction of travel and the number to double

Image
BINGO wrote: "I have small hands..."
User avatar
Choice
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: Sonoma, CA

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby phrabbott » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:02 am

Da fack!? She’s a cyborg?
A problem well stated is half solved
phrabbott
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby Choice » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 am

No, Superman's illegitimate sister.
BINGO wrote: "I have small hands..."
User avatar
Choice
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: Sonoma, CA

Re: Image 12/Verse 10-South Brooklyn

Postby NYCNative » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:31 pm

phrabbott wrote:Da fack!? She’s a cyborg?

LMAO!
:rofl
NYCNative
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Secret

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burnstyle and 6 guests