verse 8

Q4T
Visit The Secret Wiki.

Re: verse 8

Postby Doghousereiley » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:32 am

Could this verse be for Montreal

Line 1The 3 stories of Mitchell is the building stated by Fenix that is across from the Salvation Army building. There is a photo of building on the 12treasures Shh podcast facebook page

Byron Priess clues for line 2 is “The beating of the world” – pull up an English dictionary and look somewhere around “drum” to find the name of a person.

Mitchell Builiding is on Drummond Street. as stated by Fenix. drum =beating. world in French =mond. thus Drummond
The Mitchell building is one block away from the Legeater Hotel (Mount Stephen)

Three who lived three. You would move toward Mount Royal Park on Drummond.

First you pass Boulevard de Maisoneuve named for the founder of Montreal Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Maisonneuve_Boulevard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_de_C ... aisonneuve

Then you pass Dr Penfield St. Wilder Penfield was a DR who taught at McGIll University which is a few block away. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilder_Penfield

Next is the Sir Willam Osler promenade. Another Montreal Doctor who was associated with McGIll also. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Osler


At a distance in space from woman playing harpsichord is next line

The Montreal Museum of Fine art on 1308 Sherbrooke is two blocks away. In there art collection on display is a painting of a Woman playing a harpsichord by Emanuel de witte. A virginal is an instrument in the Harpsichord family.

https://curiator.com/art/emanuel-de-wit ... a-virginal

https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/collections/? ... etail-8709



If you go up the stairs at the end of promenade William osler and then go two blocks away from Museum of fine arts. you are on the corner of Mount Royal Park

Here is the serpentine. From google maps is appears there is several set of stairs and a culvert running through it


Anyone in Montreal can take a walk along the Serpentine trail

Are there any birch trees in Mt Royal park

There is also the Circel Stone in the park.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1440+ ... 73.5757489

Is this the letter letter from the country of wonderstone hearth?
Keep It Moving Forward, Please
Doghousereiley
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby Mister EZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 am

"Ascend the 92 steps"
"After climbing the grand 200"

"If you go up the stairs...."

How many steps in the staircase, from the promenade to Pine Ave, are there?
User avatar
Mister EZ
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Re: verse 8

Postby Doghousereiley » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:52 am

There is a grand staircase. I seen some Montreal tourist sights that say it is 339 steps. The stairway looks new. I wonder if it was rebuilt in the past 30 years
Keep It Moving Forward, Please
Doghousereiley
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby Doghousereiley » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:08 am

Keep It Moving Forward, Please
Doghousereiley
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby Doghousereiley » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:16 am

and this might the letter from wonderstone hearth

http://www.michel-translation.com/en/_M ... ed_hr.jpeg

It is located at the top of stairs at the Mount Royal Chalet
Keep It Moving Forward, Please
Doghousereiley
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby Mister EZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:42 am

Yup....just found a tourist brochure indicating the 339 steps leading up to Mt Royal Chalet and the Belvédère Kondiaronk lookout. 86 steps added....253 steps before that. If you're on to something, you're blowing a ton of Milwaukee proposals out of the water.... ;-)

http://montreal2.qc.ca/rep_parcs/media/documents/application/pdf_doc_carte_mont_royal_anglais_rv_lr_id44.pdf

Personally...I say that the steps don't add up, for Montreal.

(Lake Park's Grand Staircase doesn't have exactly 200 steps right now, either. So, there's nothing that precisely ties 'Grand 200' to that particular 'Grand Staircase', either. But....it used to have a promenade at the bottom of the existing staircase, with additional steps leading down towards the beach. All of that was removed to make way for Lincoln Memorial Drive, loooong ago. I haven't seen and haven't been able to find info about how many steps were removed from that portion of the staircase or if those extra steps / promenade allowed it to be referred to as 'the Grand 200' in the late 1800's, early 1900's. Soooo....I can't, without a doubt, say that particular line in the verse isn't refering to some other staircase. However, the stairs that still exist number 92. Therefore, imho, those two lines are referring to Lake Park's staircase....closest match, so far...in my opinion.)
User avatar
Mister EZ
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Re: verse 8

Postby gManTexas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:11 am

Mister EZ wrote:Yup....just found a tourist brochure indicating the 339 steps leading up to Mt Royal Chalet and the Belvédère Kondiaronk lookout. 86 steps added....253 steps before that. If you're on to something, you're blowing a ton of Milwaukee proposals out of the water.... ;-)

http://montreal2.qc.ca/rep_parcs/media/documents/application/pdf_doc_carte_mont_royal_anglais_rv_lr_id44.pdf

Personally...I say that the steps don't add up, for Montreal.

(Lake Park's Grand Staircase doesn't have exactly 200 steps right now, either. So, there's nothing that precisely ties 'Grand 200' to that particular 'Grand Staircase', either. But....it used to have a promenade at the bottom of the existing staircase, with additional steps leading down towards the beach. All of that was removed to make way for Lincoln Memorial Drive, loooong ago. I haven't seen and haven't been able to find info about how many steps were removed from that portion of the staircase or if those extra steps / promenade allowed it to be referred to as 'the Grand 200' in the late 1800's, early 1900's. Soooo....I can't, without a doubt, say that particular line in the verse isn't refering to some other staircase. However, the stairs that still exist number 92. Therefore, imho, those two lines are referring to Lake Park's staircase....closest match, so far...in my opinion.)


I believe the Grand 200 refers to the Bicentennial Trail (aka 76 bike trail), which is now called the Oak Leaf Trail, in and around Milwaukee.

http://envirohistory.uwgb.org/Oak_Leaf_Trail
gManTexas
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 am

Re: verse 8

Postby Mister EZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 am

Quite possibly, that's it. 76 Bike Trail, named in 1976, year of the Bicentennial.

Although a potion of it is at the bottom of the stairs, running North along LMD, the trail's not exactly a steep slope throughout the center of Lake Park, itself. After ascending the 92 steps to get to the bistro, the park is fairly level up there (except for the ravines)....not much climbing, if any, to do on the trail, in the park.

But...it's possible that's what it refers to....
User avatar
Mister EZ
Moriarty
Moriarty
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Re: verse 8

Postby erexere » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm still interested in the Plankington rotunda consisting of exactly 92 stairs, located at the 200 block of Grand (Wisconsin Ave) in the Shops of Grand Avenue (opened in 1982). Climbing these 92 steps, however, doesnt seem to take you anywhere except in a circle around a wishing well fountain full of copper pennies and a sculpture of John Pilkington. Travelling in a circle, or focusing on a topic of coins, or the name Pilkington, which is also the name of a not too distant street might be involved in some grander scheme. Whatever the case may be, there always seems to be a trail that quickly grows cold. I dont envy the searchers who have hiked every square inch of the ravines in Lake Park. Surely they'd be better off in the downtown blocks where they can sit and drink a pint.
User avatar
erexere
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby gManTexas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:41 pm

erexere wrote:I'm still interested in the Plankington rotunda consisting of exactly 92 stairs, located at the 200 block of Grand (Wisconsin Ave) in the Shops of Grand Avenue (opened in 1982). Climbing these 92 steps, however, doesnt seem to take you anywhere except in a circle around a wishing well fountain full of copper pennies and a sculpture of John Pilkington. Travelling in a circle, or focusing on a topic of coins, or the name Pilkington, which is also the name of a not too distant street might be involved in some grander scheme. Whatever the case may be, there always seems to be a trail that quickly grows cold. I dont envy the searchers who have hiked every square inch of the ravines in Lake Park. Surely they'd be better off in the downtown blocks where they can sit and drink a pint.



LOL, I logged a lot of miles in Lake Park, and all through the ravines. It is one of those kind of parks that probably would take several visits to cover all the territory.
gManTexas
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 am

Re: verse 8

Postby MrBackstop » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:44 pm

gManTexas wrote:I believe the Grand 200 refers to the Bicentennial Trail (aka 76 bike trail), which is now called the Oak Leaf Trail, in and around Milwaukee.

http://envirohistory.uwgb.org/Oak_Leaf_Trail


This! Great clue gMan.... :app)
MrBackstop
Watson
Watson
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: verse 8

Postby erexere » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:52 pm

I can appreciate some of the notions that tie into exploring Lake Park or the North Point Light, or the bridge lions or the Wolcott memorial, but at the end of the day, nothing seems quite right from a dwarfy point of view.

I think of the juggler as a performer and collector. These dwarves are teasing us with some kind of strange riddle about collectible objects and some something about wealth given the intro of "three stories of Mitchell" the Milwaukee banker. The question is, where would they feel is the proudest place to watch over or visit their precious amethyst?
User avatar
erexere
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby gManTexas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:05 pm

erexere wrote:I can appreciate some of the notions that tie into exploring Lake Park or the North Point Light, or the bridge lions or the Wolcott memorial, but at the end of the day, nothing seems quite right from a dwarfy point of view.

I think of the juggler as a performer and collector. These dwarves are teasing us with some kind of strange riddle about collectible objects and some something about wealth given the intro of "three stories of Mitchell" the Milwaukee banker. The question is, where would they feel is the proudest place to watch over or visit their precious amethyst?


Huh?

If there is a Dwarf theme going on, I think it would be that you have to go over land and through trees and ravines, over and under bridges to get to the casque site.
gManTexas
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 am

Re: verse 8

Postby erexere » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 pm

That depends on whether you're doing it for a pocket full of trinkets or getting sidetracked by a cute woman.

Robusti vs rotunda...
User avatar
erexere
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:23 am

Re: verse 8

Postby gManTexas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 pm

erexere wrote:That depends on whether you're doing it for a pocket full of trinkets or getting sidetracked by a cute woman.

Robusti vs rotunda...


Hahaha!
gManTexas
Adler
Adler
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Secret

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burnstyle, Kang and 6 guests